Monday, March 22, 2010

An Introduction to Manga/Osamu Tezuka

Evidently, I can't draw this week. I feel awful. Anyway, I love manga. Truthfully, it's what propelled me into drawing at all (I don't read it any more, but I loved Naruto and Dragonball Z and all the other Shonen Jump crap I was fed when I was younger). And I love Tezuka. Astro Boy was never my favorite thing of his, certainly I enjoyed his series Buddha more, but this one is more popular, so I parodied it. Astro discovers what it means to be human! And it's not good! Alternatively, I was going to reveal that Nicholas Cage was his real father (since he voiced Dr. Tenma in the 2009 CG fliqué I will never see) but that seemed too obscure, like everything else I write. Done (poorly) in pen and brush ink. I tried to get some realistic machinery going there in the background, but eh, this week is a failure, and I know it well. At least the joke is there. I love how Astro completely loses the gleam in his eyes. Higher resolution available on request!

No comments:

Post a Comment