Monday, April 19, 2010

Reconsidering the Superhero/Alan Moore


Yes. I really loved this comic. It made me appreciate the movie less (which I always viewed as maybe a 7/10). So yes. How amazing. Anyway, I decided to try out Alan Moore's style (rather... Dave Gibbons' style) with his characters holding a try-out for recruits. The first is Batman/Bruce Wayne. (Not to spoil anything for you, but did you know they are, in fact, the same person? Who would have guessed?) He is not eligible for any number of reasons. The second one is "Dr. Manattan," who is just Dr. Manhattan's doppelgänger, cleverly disguised with a pair of goofy glasses and a false nose (I should have given him a mustache). I guess he technically joins the team. And the third is Alan Moore himself, represented as a lunatic. I loved drawing this. It took longer than usual. I just wish I did a bit better of a job. But, oh well. As an aside, The Comedian is alive and somehow younger again. Don't ask! Higher resolution available upon request!

No comments:

Post a Comment